Bloomin' Bluegrass Festival Is Gonna Be So Good...

 I am so pumped (do people still say that) to be heading out in the morning to my first post-covid bluegrass festival. It's something over four hours of driving time between my front door and Farmers Branch (between Dallas and Ft. Worth), so I'll be leaving early enough to allow myself to check into the hotel, prepare for the first night of the festival, and find the shuttle bus that will drive us there. 

I definitely prefer TrueGrass to NewGrass, and I always will, so this is a particularly good lineup for me to break back into live bluegrass with. Just take a look at the Bloomin' Bluegrass poster: 


Four of my longtime favorite artists/bands are going to make appearances: the Del McCoury Band, Dan Tyminski, Rhonda Vincent & The Rage, and Kenny & Amanda Smith. That's enough right there to make the 500-mile roundtrip a breeze. But keep reading: The Seldom Scene, Donna Ulisse, Balsam Range, Alan Bibey & Grasstown, Larry Cordle, Carl Jackson, Jerry Salley, the Texas and Tennesse band. This is as good a collection of bluegrass artists gathered together in Texas as there's been in a long, long time.

So I'll be hitting the road about nine expecting to see a few old friends there - and to make a few new ones. Can't wait to share with you what I bring back in the way of photos and recordings. Son!

Comments